In 2019 we never expected to welcome the new year with a long-lasting pandemic. In this case, the grid failed. People were faced with the unexpected and disaster hit our home fronts. ‘When the Grid Fails’ is a new book to help prepare your home and family for any disastrous event. Ky wrote this book to act as a guide with easy action steps, so your family has a step-by-step plan when things go haywire. This book contains the key to life saving strategies and self-sufficient living. Whether it be a hurricane, snowstorm, long lasting power outage, social upheaval, civil unrest with this book in hand you can navigate any crisis. Furneaux outlines practical preparations and smart responses to all kinds of survival situations, and covers a wide array of topics, including:
– How to find and sterilize water.
– How to keep warm if the heating cuts out, and staying cool in heat waves without A.C.
– How to safely store food and water for weeks and months on end.
– First-aid instructions and treating injuries in an emergency, and what to do when conventional medical supplies, facilities, or professionals are unavailable.
– Developing crisis-management skills.
– Setting up a renewable energy system for your home, as well as installing back-up power and lights.
– How to find shelter.
– Alternative cooking techniques when conventional methods are unavailable due to disaster or prolonged power outage.
– How to grow and preserve food.
– How to prepare for a fire, hurricane, tornado, flood, or earthquake, and what to do when they come to your home.
– How to protect against attack.
– Alternative sanitation methods.
Prepare yourself and your family by buying the ‘When the Grid Fails’ in the shop section of this website.